UK gaming operator Entain and US partner BetMGM are backing a new responsible gaming app to be distributed by Entain Foundation in the US. The Gamble Responsibly America App will be an educational resource to assist problem gamblers.
Accessing the App
Developed in partnership with Epic Risk Management and RG24/7, the app will be available for free across all mobile devices. The unbranded app has been designed to provide no commercial benefits for Entain, BetMGM, or MGM Resorts. The sole focus of the app is to give players access to resources and strategies to develop healthy betting habits. Consumers will be able to access information directly without having to register.
With legalized sports betting set to continue to expand across the US, the Entain Foundation is continuing to promote responsible gaming initiatives for US consumers. The foundation has established itself as a key advocate for responsible gaming through funding several key responsible gambling programs. The new Gamble Responsibly America App will give consumers direct access to advice in English and Spanish.
Some of the key features of the app include:
- · Limits and Tools: The app informs people how they can regulate playing habits with functions like limiting deposits on a weekly basis or allotting a time-out, where logging into accounts will be restricted until a set time is complete. Most operators offer such tools, which effectively help people to control their levels of play.
- · Self-Assessment Quiz: Users of Gamble Responsibly America can take a quick self-assessment to understand whether their playing habits should be modified or adjusted.
- · Gambling Diary: Individuals can regularly input notes about gaming and betting choices. This gives users the opportunity to reflect on the decisions and investments being made and adjust if needed.
- · Behavioral Callouts: Users can learn more about potentially harmful behaviors, or markers of concern, be aware of when betting and gaming. These can include frequency of play, failed deposits, multiple payment methods, and more.
- · LiveChat: A 24/7 live chat feature is available to connect individuals with helpline specialists. The live chat function within the app routes to the National Council on Problem Gambling’s live chatline, which is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- · Extensive Information and Resources: Finally, throughout the app, users can find a comprehensive list of where to find additional information and assistance, videos on the importance of responsible gambling, and more. Three videos giving more information about responsible gambling are directly accessible via the app.
Sports Betting Skyrockets During COVID-19 Pandemic.
According to the American Gaming Association, sports betting in the US exploded over the pandemic with $1.5 billion in revenue generated in 2020. While states across the US continue to reap the tax revenue of legalized sports betting, responsible gambling campaigns continue to be grossly underfunded.